top 10 delicious foods could kill you if you eat

top 10  delicious foods could kill you if you eat
top 10  delicious foods could kill you if you eat
A lot of  delicious foods could kill you and i think that this foods have a hidden secret that most don't know about , and some common household food items are deadly if not handled correctly so join us as we count 10 foods that can kill you  .

 10 everyday foods that can kill you if you eat


Puffer Fish
When looking at a Puffer Fish, you already wonder if it is actually edible since it looks rather dangerous. The skin and organs of the Puffer Fish are very poisonous, if eaten a toxin called tetrodotoxin  (TTX) can paralyze your muscles and cause death due to asphyxiation. On top of that, there is no antidote if the toxins have already been ingested, and cooking does not reduce its toxicity.

Most likely because of this, its become a delicacy in a number of countries. However, because its so complicated to make the Puffer Fish safe to eat, chefs needs to be specially trained to remove the liver, ovaries and skin from the fish before serving it.

Because of this,its quite expensive and that means some chefs will try to sell this item on their menu claiming
to be trained when they actually are not,which leads to deaths every year.
Rhubarb

 Rhubarb is a vegetable with bright ruby leaf stalks. It's mostly used in jams, pies and other desserts. The leaves of the plant contain a chemical called oxalic acid, which is used in bleach and rust removal. Eating the leaves is not something you want to do, it will induce a number of bad side effects including burning in your mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting, convulsions and even death in some cases. Its not like you can cook it either since this doesn't break down the harmful compounds.

Cherries

 Cherries may be delicious but they have a hidden secret. The small pits inside cherries cause some serious damage. If the pits are crushed the compounds inside the pits turn into cyanide. If you accidentally swallow a cherry pit you have nothing to worry about since they aren't poisonous when eaten whole. Broken pits is a no no however, and as little a 1 or 2 pits is enough to kill.

Wild Almonds

Did you know that Wild almonds are actually seeds, not nuts? Well now you do. Did you know that Wild almonds are full of cyanide? Well now you do. Don't worry though, Wild Almonds are not the type that we consume. Wild almonds need to be processed by a specialised heat treatment for the toxins to denature. Wild Almonds are so potent that 5-10 of them can be fatal to a child and 50 is said to be the fatal dose for adults.

Ackee ; Blighia sapida

Some of you may be more familiar with a similar fruit called lychee, but ackee is a pear shaped fruit native to Tropical West Africa. The interesting thing about Ackee is that it needs
to ripen before consumption. That's not because the fruit would be hard or nasty to
eat, but because it would kill you. Before ripening, Ackee contains deadly toxins, which
is why the importation of the raw fruit has been banned in the US. According to a report
from the Jamaica Observer, Ackee has killed 23 Jamaicans and sickened 194 in 2011.

Castor Oil

Among other things, Castor Oil is used as a food additive and flavouring agent for food. However, unlike other oils like coconut or sunflower, Castor oil is not a household item since it comes from castor beans, which are loaded with ricin. A single castor bean has the strength to kill over 1,000 people if the purified toxin is injected or inhaled, eating 5 to 10 of the beans would provide to be fatal. That being said, Castor oil itself does not have any ricin in it, provided that it was produced according to the safety guidelines.

Peanuts

Though Peanuts are not toxic or poisonous in any way, they can still be very dangerous
and even kill. Peanut allergy is one of the most common allergies in the world, 3 million
people in the U.S. alone report being allergic. And just because you don't currently have
a peanut allergy, doesn't mean you never will since it can develop at any point in
life. From a mild aggravation to a full blown anaphylactic reaction, peanuts can constrict
the airways and render people unconscious even if they've never had a previous reaction.

Nutmeg

 There are not much to worry about with Nutmeg  as long as its consumed in smaller doses . However, when larger amounts are consumed, nutmeg can cause myristicin poisoning, which can be fatal. Symptoms include headaches, nausea, dizziness and hallucinations and potentially even death. But like I said, unless you are downing tablespoons upon tablespoons, you  should be fine.

Shellfish
Similar to Peanuts, shellfish are one of the most common food allergies. According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, it sends more people to the emergency room than any other food. Symptoms include difficulty breathing, vomiting and if left untreated it can even cause death.

Cinnamon

 If you were around on YouTube during 2012, you will have heard of the cinnamon challenge. Basically the challenge is to take a table spoon full of cinnamon and try to eat it without coughing it all out or being sick. The American Association of Poison Control Centres issued a warning urging people to not do this challenge, and for good reason. Cinnamon is essentially powdered bark from the Cinnamomum tree, and  its incredibly difficult to swallow or spit it out. If one inhales cinnamon, it can inflame and scar the lungs, cause gagging, vomiting, coughing, choking and even death.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.